'Hot Desking Club' is a trading style of International House Limited.
‘Member’ and ‘Members’ refers to the person, persons or organisation placing the order.
The ‘Club’ refers to Hot Desking Club.
‘Service’ or ‘Services’ refers to the services for which the Member has placed an order with the Hot Desking Club.
These Terms and Conditions apply to members of Hot Desking Club, a Service provided by International House Limited.
The terms and conditions are valid for any Service or services provided by Hot Desking Club to the Member.
The pricing, quantity of Service, and time of delivery mentioned on the website may change month to month. However, Hot Desking Club will inform all members in advance.
3. Hot Desking Club objectives are to provide flexible office and meeting facilities for individuals or small teams seeking a temporary venue. Nothing in these terms and conditions confers any security of tenure or other right of exclusive possession or rights of occupation on a Member.
4. Hot Desking Club will issue you with a Hot Desking Club membership card. Access to all Hot Desking Club centres is gained by the membership card.
5. Membership entitles members to use the areas within the Hot Desking Club's venue, which have been specially designated for Members ('Hot Desking Club areas').
6. Membership entitles you to use Hot Desking Club areas between the stated hours on any working day. Use of the designated areas subject to your membership package (subject to reasonable use) and charged for on a monthly basis.
7. Membership entitles members to the use of free internet access and refreshments facilities, which are made available during venue opening hours. The Club requires members to comply at all times with the relevant provisions of the Digital Economy Act 2010 when using the venue's free internet connection.
8. Membership gives members eligibility to use private meeting rooms within the venue areas where such facilities are offered. Private meeting rooms must be booked in advance. Use of private meeting rooms is subject to availability and for a minimum period of one hour. If occupation of a private room overruns the booking period the additional period will be charged by the hour or part thereof. All private meeting room charges must be paid in full on booking and overruns must be paid for immediately after the private meeting room has been vacated. Refunds for meeting room time booked but not used is at the Club's complete discretion.
9. Membership entitles you to use all the office facilities except those that require additional payment. Charges must be paid for in advance in accordance with the current monthly charge rate (which may be found on the Hot Desking Club website) and is subject to the limitation that such use must be fair and reasonable as to time taken and number of pages processed. Monthly copying, printing and scanning charges paid but unused will not be refunded. 'Unlimited Allowance - Fair Use' with regard to printing and copying shall be restricted to black and white documents only.
10. Membership entitles you to the use of a locker at those locations where such a facilities are offered and subject to availability. Lockers may not be used to store illegal, illicit or immoral items.
Hot Desking Club reserves the right to open (including by force) any locker and to inspect and/or remove the contents of any locker if or when it suspects it is being used in contravention of UK law and shall have the right to draw the contents of any locker to the attention of any relevant authority should it deem it appropriate to do so.
All locker rental charges are payable in advance on a monthly basis. Unless otherwise terminated by the Club, locker rental will be terminated upon a Member giving notice to the Hot Desking Club.
The locker rental charges may be found on the Hot Desking Club website. Where use of a locker overruns, any stipulated rental period then the Member will be charged the equivalent of one month of rental.
In the event that a Member fails to remove property from the locker at the end of any rental period or allows rental charges to fall into arrears then Hot Desking Club shall have the right to remove and dispose of any such property. The Hot Desking Club shall be under no obligation to notify a Member of any such removal and disposal and shall incur no liability to any Member for any loss or damage (however it may arise), which the Member may sustain as a result of such removal or disposal.
11. Dedicated desks are available at certain Hot Desking Club locations. Details of the Hot Desking Club locations may be found on the website. A dedicated desk may be pre-booked by a Club Member at any one location where this service is offered and is subject to availability. Dedicated desk rental is payable one month in advance. Dedicated desk rental is for no less than periods of three month at a time. Any such dedicated desk will be for the exclusive use of the Club Member who has rented it and will consist of a lockable drawer. Where use of a dedicated desk overruns any stipulated rental period then the Member will be charged the equivalent of not less than one month’s rental. In the event that a Member fails to remove property from the dedicated desk at the end of any rental period or allows rental charges to fall into arrears then the Hot Desking Club shall have the right to remove and dispose of any such property.
Hot Desking Club shall be under no obligation to notify a Member of any such removal and disposal and shall incur no liability to any Member for any loss or damage (however it may arise), which the Member may sustain as a result of such removal or disposal.
12. Mailbox services are available at selected Hot Desking Club locations. Hot Desking Club Mailbox Service offers only a postal address to which letters may be sent and for the holding of letters. The Club’s Mailbox Service is a basic service offered to all hot deskers. For details of those locations where the Mailbox Service is offered please refer to the Hot Desking Club website.
Mailboxes will be allocated subject to acceptance of a Member's application. You must when applying supply all of the information requested in the Application Form including all documents.
13. Hot Desking Club accepts no responsibility for any loss of or damage to Members' property (or that of their visitors) while they are using the Hot Desking Club areas or any of the services offered at any of the Hot Desking Club locations. Members will be entirely responsible for ensuring their property is safe and secure at all times whether stored in lockers, dedicated desks or otherwise. Security cameras are installed to help facilitate this.
14. Availability of Hot Desking Club areas is subject to sufficient space being free to accommodate those Members wishing to have access at any one time. Hot Desking Club will provide dedicated desks subject to availability. The Club has the right to determine appropriate capacity levels so as to ensure all Members receive an optimum experience of their use of the Hot Desking Club areas. Access is always subject to sufficient space being available and to ensuring compatibility with the Hot Desking Club objectives.
15. A Member's visitor may access Hot Desking Club areas only when accompanied by a Member and for the purposes of attending a private meeting room meeting.
16. Hot Desking Club membership requires that Members will be responsible for ensuring their own behaviour and that of their visitors is at all times appropriate to the shared business environment of Hot Desking Club areas and is in accordance with the Hot Desking Club objectives set out in these terms and conditions. Membership and access are at the Hot Desking Club's discretion and will be reviewed if the Hot Desking Club concludes a Member's use of Hot Desking Club areas and facilities is or may be inconsistent with the Hot Desking Club objectives and these terms and conditions.
17. Hot Desking Club membership on joining will be for a minimum initial period of 1 (one) month ('the initial period'). After the initial period Members' Hot Desking Club membership will be renewed automatically and will continue to be renewed each month afterwards unless the Member tells the Hot Desking Club they wish to terminate their Hot Desking Club membership or if the Hot Desking Club terminates the membership. The Club may immediately terminate or suspend membership or any of its services at any time. Members may terminate their membership at any time on giving not less than one month's notice in writing to the Hot Desking Club and the period of notice shall be deemed to expire on the final day of the calendar month after it is given. All notices must be sent in writing or via email.
18. Hot Desking Club membership charges are payable in advance by standing order. Current membership charges may be found under 'Join' on the Hot Desking Club website. Failure to pay or late payment of membership charges or other charges may result in the Hot Desking Club terminating membership. The Club reserves the right to take appropriate steps to recover arrears.
19. Payment for any other service(s) provided to Members will be in advance by PayPal or credit/ debit card or in arrears by Standing Order as advised at the point of ordering or booking the service(s).
20. Hot Desking Club is not obliged to refund any amounts for a period when membership is unused except if the Hot Desking Club elects to terminate a Member's membership for any reason or if there has been payment in advance for a service, which is withdrawn prior to use by a Member.
21. Membership cards will be replaced if lost or stolen. There will be a charge for all replacements. If a Member's membership is terminated or if it expires, the Member must return the Membership card to Hot Desking Club, which at all times retains ownership of all Membership cards.
22. Hot Desking Club membership may not be transferred or assigned.
23. If a Member's decides to use Hot Desking Club’s mail forwarding service then the Member shall be under a continuing obligation to notify the Club of any change to the information given on the Application Form or any relevant change in circumstances at any time during the period of his or her membership.
24. In relation to any application for the mail forwarding service the Club will undertake all necessary background checks in order to comply with its statutory and regulatory obligations whether imposed by local authorities, HMRC, anti-money laundering legislation or otherwise and shall entitled to share the results of those checks with governmental or other regulatory agencies where it is deemed appropriate or where Hot Desking Club is under other legal obligation to do so.
25. In the event that the information supplied by a Member in a virtual office Application Form is discovered at any time to be inaccurate or incomplete or if the results of any background check are unsatisfactory for any reason then Hot Desking Club will either: refuse to grant the application and refund any monies taken from the Member in relation to the same or immediately terminate the services.
26. Hot Desking Club may at any time alter these terms and conditions and the packages offered and may also alter the level of membership charges applicable to Hot Desking Club membership and services. Prior notice to Members of any such alterations will be provided on the Hot Desking Club website, including alterations to membership charges, come into effect. By agreeing to these terms and conditions and by continuing to use the Hot Desking Club services, Members accept Hot Desking Club’s membership terms.
27. Hot Desking Club undertakes that, in performing its obligations, it shall comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 ('DPA') and all other applicable laws relating to the processing of Personal Data as defined by the DPA.
28. Hot Desking Club collects and processes Members' personal data for administrative purposes only. The Club takes no interest in or responsibility for the legitimate business or other associated activities of Members (provided those activities are within the authorised range of activities contemplated and permitted by these Terms and Conditions) whilst on its Hot Desking Club premises.
Members agree to pay the monthly membership fees via Standing Order each month due on their registration date.
All other invoices of Hot Desking Club shall be paid by the Member within fifteen (10) working days of the date of invoice unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Club.
All fees are exclusive of value added taxes, which will be added to invoices where appropriate. The Club reserves the right to increase a quoted fee in the event that the Member requests additional facilities.
In view of the nature of the service, any order - once confirmed by the Company - is not cancellable. Cancellation of the Order by the Member will only be accepted on condition that any costs, charges and expenses already incurred, including any charges that will be levied by the list-owner on account of his expenses, work or cancellation conditions will be reimbursed to the Company forthwith.
All written notices to be served on or given to the Member shall be sent or delivered to the Member's principal place of business and shall be treated as having been given upon receipt.
32. Loss or Damage to Service
The Company will take all reasonable steps to ensure the protection from loss, damage or destruction of the services or materials it supplies to the Member (or which may be received from the Member).
Both parties shall maintain strict confidence and shall not disclose to any third party any information or material relating to the other or the other's business, which comes into that party's possession and shall not use such information and material. This provision shall not, however, apply to information or material, which is or becomes public knowledge other than by breach by a party of this clause.
34. Employment of Personnel
Subject to the prior written consent of the Club the Member shall not induce to employ, whether as an employee, agent, partner or consultant, any employee of the Club directly associated with delivery of the Service.
The Company warrants that it has the right to provide the Service but otherwise the Service is provided on an "as-is" basis without warranty of any kind, express or implied, oral or written including, without limitation, the implied conditions of merchantable quality, fitness for purpose and description, all of which are specifically and unreservedly excluded. In particular, but without limitation, no warranty is given that the Service is suitable for the purposes intended by the Member. The Company warrants that the Service will be supplied using reasonable care and skill. The Company does not warrant that the Services supplied are error-free, accurate or complete. Both parties warrant that they are registered under the Data Protection Act in respect of the collection, processing and use of the Service. Each party will comply with the Act including but not limited to its obligations in respect of any personal data, which it may supply to or receive from the other party.
36. Limitation of Liability
The Company shall not be liable for any claim arising out of the performance, non-performance, delay in delivery of or defect in the Service nor for any special, indirect, economic or consequential loss or damage howsoever arising or howsoever caused (including loss of profit or loss of revenue) whether from negligence or otherwise in connection with the supply, functioning or use of the Service. Any liability of the Company shall in any event be limited to the fees paid by the Member in the month in which the event of default arises. The Member shall fully indemnify Hot Desking Club against any liability to third parties arising out of the Member's use of the Service.